In this news story, the reporter did a good job of getting many people involved to create a full story and show the effect of irma on everyone through Kansas City natives. They showed a lot of "B-roll" through the videos that the people they were video-chatting with sent in. I thought that even though it was hard for them to get good B-roll, they made it work with the footage they got and it was still able give the viewers a lot of information about what is going on.

I think the reporter coulee used more footage from the actual hurricane instead of just the interviews that the people sent in, but at the same time it helped make it more personal. I think a little back story coulee been helpful to start off the story.

I will take away from this story how important it is to get multiple interviews and also I learned the creative ways to get b-roll that I hadn't thought about. Going a little outside the box to get the right shot will help make the story good and I will learn to do that in my future stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog